mandag den 17. marts 2014

Lucky me
I am lying down in my hospital bed. I think of all the things I had in my life. I have always taken the things in my life as an obvious.My lovely family, all my good friends and all the people who looked up to me. Because I was a boy, everyone liked and wanted to be. Actually, I had never thought about that I had everything I needed. I had just taken it for granted, and I regret it now. Now,I’m not sure that my life would be as it was before. I’m not even sure that I will be able to walk again. If this just never had happened.
I was on my way home from school on my new bikeIt was raining a lot, so I was driving as fast as I could, because I would hurry home. Then the time came where I should turn the corner, and I was in my own thoughts, so I drove faster and faster. But just as I turned the corner, a car was coming right in my direction. I had not even time to react to the situation. Suddenly, everything was black.
After two days in coma, I woke up. Now I could feel pain all over my body. I looked around in the room I was lying in, and now I wasn’t in doubt that I was at the hospital. Later a doctor explained to me that I had been out for an accident. When I had turned the corner, a car had ran over me. The accident was very bad, theycouldn’t say if my back was broken yet, but they were almost sure that it was. Then the doctor said that they would do everything they could for me, so I could get a comparative normal life againeven if my back was broken. The only word I heard he said wascomparative. A comparative normal life again. Couldn’t I get a normal life again? A life as I had before? And that was the time I began thinking over my life. If I never will have a normal life again, how would it be then? Would my family still love me as much as they did before? Would my friends still be my friends? Would all the people who wanted to be me, still want that? What if I had to live the rest of my life as a disabled?                                                                                                           Someone is coming in to my room. I see my mom and dad. They look sad and scared. My mom hugs me. It’s difficult for me to hug her back, because it is still hurting all over my body when I move me. Everyone is quiet and I don’t know what to say. The only thing I wish for is to hug my mom and dad close. I am still thinking of why I haven’t enjoyed my life more than I had. Right now, I really want to be together with all my friends and family, and just tell them how thankful I am for them. But I can’t stop thinking the thought: What if they don’t want to be friends with me, if I can’t be able to live a normal life again. I had never exactly told them how good friends they are to me. What if they think I actuallydon’t care about them, and therefore they don’t want to be myfriend anymore? I’m really lost. Fortunately, my family still love me no matter what, and I’m really thankful for that.
Next day, the doctor is coming in to my room, he has a big smile on his face. This smile says it all, and he tells me that my back will be fine again, because the fracture is in a good place and the prognosis for full recovering is very good. In this moment I am really happy.

Written by Alma


2 kommentarer:

  1. Wow Alma! We think your story is well-written and considered.
    Amaziiiiing. Well done :)))

    // Mathilde and Lena

    SvarSlet
  2. Very good but diffrent story and good gramma
    -Buur og Jakob

    SvarSlet