mandag den 24. marts 2014


Divorce

Last week I overheard my parents arguing about something. At first I just thought it was an argument but as time went on they got more aggressive. I where just about to go to sleep when I heard something smashing, I then got out of the bed and walked into the living room and asked my mom and dad what happened they just told me that my mom unfortunately smashed a vase but I didn’t say anything about the argument and just went to bed again.
 The next day after school when I came home I found my mom crying in the hallway I started asking why she was crying she just said that dad would properly not be with us anymore and then it hit me that my mom and dad is getting a divorce why have I been that stupid of course they are getting one the arguing and mom smashing my dad’s favourite vase how could I have been so stupid. Then for a long time nothing happened my dad came back but nothing happened no yelling at each other, no arguing, everything went on just as if nothing happened but I couldn’t be happy knowing that they could come into my room any minute and tell me that they were getting a divorce. All of it was so bad that I couldn’t focus in school. Every test I got an F when I am used to getting straight B´s.
Then it just came to me, I know someone that knows how it is to have parents that have gotten a divorce I can just ask him how it is after school. I confronted him and asked how I can get through my parents’ divorce he only had one piece of advice for it and that was to ask my parents if they were getting a divorce. Just when he where gone I knew exactly why I was so afraid of it I didn’t know if they were getting a divorce. All the time I had waited for them to tell me that they were getting one, so I decided to ask them when I got home. But, when I came home no one were home, they were probably out buying groceries so I waited on them but they didn´t come home and it became dark and suddenly I heard a car door close. I heard the door knop twitching and in came my parents, at first I where happy to see them but I quickly got a serious look on my face and then the question were out. At first they thought I was joking but then they looked at me and knew that I was serious, they then asked me why I was asking that question. Then I told them everything down to the last detail, and then they told me their part of the story. The reason why they were arguing was that when my dad came home he told my mom that he might have brain cancer but my mom didn´t believe him so she got really angry and began yelling at him. Then he began yelling and then my mom threw the vase in anger, but as it turned out it wasn’t my dad that had gotten brain cancer, it was a patient with the same last name as him. So everything where ok nothing bad had happened to my dad also my mom and dad didn’t get a divorce it was all just me that had jumped to conclusions to early.

4 kommentarer:

  1. It is a good story but it is a bit like Nina's :) from Christine

    SvarSlet
  2. You have a nice english language! We think the story would be better if you use more commas and periods :)))
    Great joooob

    // Mathilde og Lena

    SvarSlet
  3. There is missing a lot periods and also a few commas. Otherwise its a really good story.

    SvarSlet
  4. It is a good story, but we miss a bit more feelings. Be Aware of where/were.

    Kongstad and Trine

    SvarSlet